How Profitable Is the Casino and Betting Industry In the UK?Whether you’re a seasoned bettor, someone who’s just getting started, or even an individual hoping to join the niche, you might be curious about how well the betting industry itself does. After all, with the incredible payouts, you may want to know how worthwhile it is for the market as a whole and how much people put into gambling. Fortunately, there are plenty of statistics out there to give you a better idea of just how profitable it all is; from the success enjoyed over the years, to the popularity of different forms of gambling. Let’s dive into some of the data and info that you might find interesting.
Quick facts:There’s a lot to take in and for the most part, the best way to get started is simply to learn a few things about the industry in general. Here are the most prominent facts:
- The British gambling industry contributes nearly £8 billion to the UK’s economy, as well as providing over 100,000 jobs (directly and indirectly)
- There are just over 98,000 employees in virtual establishments
- During the lockdowns, online gambling increased significantly, with some sites earning millions in profit (often making an increase nearing 30%)
- The gambling industry has long been growing in the UK, with research showing a steady and significant increase from an average gross gambling yield of around £8.4 billion in 2011 to the revenue enjoyed today
- Over 30% of residents in Great Britain gamble on a weekly basis and nearly 100,000 do so in some way daily (including games like bingo and the national lottery)